“Kaleidoscope” will be the theme for the TEDxVirginiaTech 2015 event to be held on November 19th at the Moss Arts Center. The TEDxVirginiaTech Steering Committee invites nominations for speakers for this event.
Intentionally broad, this year’s theme is meant to captivate and inspire multidisciplinary and transformative ideas in line with the principles of TED, a nonprofit organization devoted to ideas worth spreading. “Kaleidoscope” plays off of the instrument itself, which uses mirrors to reflect objects in a variety of patterns. Highlighting change and diversity, the theme evokes a broad range of literal and figurative interpretations and proposes intriguing questions, such as:
- What changing patterns or scenes are we seeing in various disciplines? In the world?
- What happens when we look at the same topic using multiple disciplinary lenses?
- When do variation and transformation create a new reality?
- Who has the resolve to rotate our view of the world ever so slightly and alter our collective future?
- How can we change our viewpoint to see things differently?
- What is the value of seeing things from another perspective?
- How can we adjust our ideas of inclusion and diversity to design beautiful new forms of community?
- What have we recently discovered that has been in front of us the entire time?
- How does color, reflection, light affect us?
- How has viewing something from another perspective altered your life or career?
- How can old and new problems be seen differently?
- How can we implement more creativity into our lives?
- What is the value of change?