We have an exciting lineup of speakers for TEDxVirginiaTech! In addition to our ten speakers, we will have performances from a capella group Mixed Emotions and a special opening performance with host Willie Caldwell. You will not want to miss this!
- Nicole Abaid, assistant professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics; “Do Bats Listen to Each Other?”
- Elizabeth Galbreath of Street, Maryland, a junior and major in agricultural sciences in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences; “Redefining Service”
- Kurt Hoffman, senior instructor and director of undergraduate studies, Department of Psychology; “At First Glance”
- Nathan King, assistant professor, School of Architecture + Design, Center for Design Research; “Process Matters”
- Sharon Landesman Ramey, professor and distinguished research scholar, Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute; research professor, Department of Psychology; professor of psychiatry, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine; “Reaching Beyond Expectations”
- Steven Poelzing, associate professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics, Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute; “New Solutions”
- Jill Sible, assistant provost for undergraduate education; “A Million More”
- Patricia Smith, director, Intercultural Engagement Center; “White Bred, White Noise”
- Artist Jane Lillian Vance, a 1983 graduate of the Department of English in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, former instructor of The Creative Process in the Department of Religion and Culture, and vice president of Help Save the Next Girl; “Catalytic Compassion”
- Marina Vance, research scientist, Institute for Critical Technology and Applied Science, associate director of the Virginia Tech Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology; “The Good, The Bad, and The Tiny”
Tickets are available for sale at $10 for Virginia Tech students and $20 for the general public. Click on “Purchase Your Tickets Today!” to place your order.